Halkidiki is a region rich with all kinds of sites (archaeological sites, museums, churches, monasteries, natural beauty, traditional villages etc.)
NEAR PORTES BEACH HOTEL
- The Petralona cave where human bones were discovered, 700,000 years old.
- The ruins of the ancient temple of Poseidon at Possidi and the Lighthouse at the end of the cape.
- The church and the tower of St. Paul in New Fokea.
- Byzantine findings and churches in Fourka.
- The HotBaths of Agia Paraskevi, with hot springs and a modern center of healing and wellness.
- The traditional village of Afitos and Kassandria with many traditional alleys , stone houses and Folklore Museums.
- The ruins of ancient Afitos and the ancient city in Polygyros.
- The windmill in Kassandra.
- The ancient site of Mendi in Kalandra.
- The ancient temple of Ammon Zeus and the Christian Basilica in Kallithea.
- The Canal and the ruins of Potidaea in New Castle.
- The Byzantine Tower in Sani Stavronikita.
- The Festival of Kassandra Afitos and Sani’s local festivals.
- The lake where the turtle Testudinata lives, within walking distance from the Polichrono.
- Pine forests and olive groves.
- Yacht in the nearby village of New Skioni and N.Moudania.
Endless beaches with fine sand, pebble or stone, with crystal clear waters, surrounded by excellent tourist infrastructures, cosmopolitan environment and a vibrant nightlife. The nearest of these are:
- Agios Mamas beach, 800 meters from the hotel. Endless beach - 10 km wide, next to wetlands protected by the treaty of NATURA.
- Potidea Beach, 2 km to Kassandra. Cosmopolitan with pedestrian and bicycle path, ideal for families with children.
- Fokea Beach (area of Glika) 10 km with ancient pines and crystal clear waters.
- Afitos Beach, 20 km to the Kassandra. Under the homonymous village with fantastic views of Sithonia and turquoise waters.
- Kokkinokavou Beach, 8 km to Sani Beach. Ideal for Surfing & Kite surfing.
- Beach Flogita - New Plagia, 8 km from PORTES BEACH HOTEL. Busy, with many bars and night life.
- Beaches Kalithea, Hanioti, Pefkohori, Glarokavos, Agia Paraskevi, Poseidon, New Skioni Fourkas, Sani and Dionisos with golden sands and emerald waters.
- Kalives Beach 9 km to Sithonia. On top of Toroneos Gulf, next to the olive groves lies the village with its wide beach.
- Gerakini Beach, 15 km at the entrance of Sithonia, sandy and full of sunlight. And many other idyllic beaches in Sithonia: St. John, Kalogria, Elia, Marmaris, Tristinika, Kalamitsi Platanitsi, Armenistis, Vourvourou, Kavourotripes etc.
Poligiros is the capital of Halkidiki. It lies 30 km from PORTES BEACH HOTEL and from there you can visit the traditional villages of North Halkidiki such as Arnea, Ancient Stagira, as well as the mountain Holomontas.
The peninsula of Athos is a sacred place beyond beauty. Mount Athos is the spiritual center of Orthodoxy, a place of pilgrimage of thousands of Orthodox believers. It is well known for its green mountains, the impressive monasteries and the unique spiritual aura that is ideal for meditation and contemplation. You can enjoy the magnificent peninsula of Athos by boat, which departs from the traditional harbour of Ouranoupolis.
The city of Thessaloniki, is also another very attractive choice for tour. It combines many activities such as Historic attractions, market, great variety of restaurants, cultural events, and great nightlife.